The Project Reality Teamwork Alliance is a large, friendly community with a focus on teamwork oriented games. We were founded on 5th October 2010 and our primary game is Project Reality. We have grown from a small group of around 15 people into a community which has had thousands of members pass through its hallways, 6874 people has registered on our forum so far. At the time of writing we have over 300 members, part of them unit leaders and over 140 people in various staff roles.
PRTA consists of multiple units from all over the world and is led by a management team which provide the services and back end support needed to host the servers and website. We have a mapper team, event team, media team, admin team and others which work together to make PRTA the most active Project Reality community.
Our TeamSpeak server and Forum have brought people together from all over the globe. We are a very friendly community where all players, old and new, are welcome. As a result, PRTA has always been massively diverse. The community is composed of a wide range of units: from milsim clans to loose groups of friends, to individuals who want to benefit from being a part of the larger group. Over the years we have had language- or country-specific units. Our contributors and management staff are volunteers from throughout this community and we have always strove for equal representation from among our units.
We are here to:
- Improve the general teamwork capabilities of all players on our servers. We believe that communication and coordination is what makes gaming enjoyable, and this is what we strive for.
- Create a environment were players can experience exciting and enjoyable game play in a friendly, supportive community.
- Encourage members to play different games together and provide support for the games we choose to play.
- Geographically dispersed across widely varying timezones.
- Contains multiple sub-cultures and 'communities within communities'.
- Dynamic and fast-moving - we are always striving to improve and so there are always changes being made.
- Friendly and recreational. We are here to have fun doing a hobby we love doing. We are not a serious 'milsim' community.
PRTA is an alliance of many autonomous units/clans. Membership of the community is (mostly) synonymous with membership of a unit. A unit is composed of leaders who have authority over how their unit works and members chosen by the unit itself. Each unit is responsible for their own recruiting, structure, and practices – they just need to follow the community rules.
Each unit gets many benefits from being a part of the community:
- Access to sections of the forums reserved for members of PRTA
- Their own private section of the forums
- A roster showing an always up-to-date list of their members
- Their own channels in TS3
- Access to other communications platforms operated by the community
- Preferential access to training servers and flagship game servers
- Reserved slots at reduced rates for servers which support reserved slots
In return for these benefits the members of each unit are encouraged to participate in running the community by helping to administrate the game servers as part of an admin team, helping to manage our technical systems and operations and part of management, helping with a number of supporting tasks as part of other contributor groups, and making donations to help pay our hosting bills whenever possible.
The result of this is that smaller clans and groups of friends can retain their own identity whilst also running servers & events at a scale that they would not be able to attempt on their own. Units also benefit from having the power of a large 'all-inclusive' community to protect them and represent their interests to other groups.
Joining PRTA is not about giving up freedom or independence - it's about getting to the next level.
No community can be better than its members. We consider our members the core and essence of PRTA, and in a way, our most important asset. We strive to give members of PRTA room to expand their own ideas by providing technical support and a platform from which to jump start projects.
PRTA Member Benefits
- Servers for use in training or events.
- Join an in-house unit which suits them and meet like-minded people.
- Reserved slots where the game supports it.
- Participation in unique member-only events
PRTA Member Requirements
- Be active on our Teamspeak server and on our forums.
- Seed our servers as best you can.
- Contribute and have fun!
Join PRTA by following this link.
Every Unit in PRTA has at least one Leader, tasked with managing their unit. Leaders are granted a few extra permissions in order to aid the unit management, such as the right to move users on the Unit channel on Teamspeak, and access to a leader specific part of our forum, where discussions related to Units are held. Leaders have in-game switch powers so they can make sure their Unit members play on the same team.
PRTA Leader Benefits
- Reserved slots where the game supports it.
- Can request servers for training and events.
- In-game !switch powers.
PRTA Leader Requirements
- Be active on Teamspeak and on our forums.
- Manage and represent the unit.
- Act in a mature and responsible way, appropriate for the role.
PRTA has several groups related with administration, commonly referred as "red-tag" groups, like both our PRBF2 admin teams, our Forum Moderation team, our VFX team, our coding team, and more! They can all be applied for in the "Join us" Section of our forums. Here's a quick summary of some of them:
- Server Administrators - Probably the biggest group, they take care of our game servers. Their responsibilities include maintaining the quality of the gameplay on our servers, making sure their rules are up-to-date, preventing cheaters/trolls from playing on our servers and ensuring the player-base is happy.
- Forum Moderators - This team makes sure our forums are spam free, arguments are as fact-based as they can be and no nasty stuff is posted. They'll make you think twice before misbehaving around here.
- Media Team - These guys make our banners, videos and pretty much everything we need media-wise.
- Coders - Implement various pieces of in-house software, including the control system behind the servers which enables our game servers and forums to be integrated.
- Testers - Test maps made by Mappers, gamemodes and servers that are about to be launched, and anything that needs to be tested before publishing it.
Management (Blue-tag & Senior Management)
In a sense, the managers are both the top and the bottom of the alliance. They have the highest permissions of all user, but their task is to take care of the day-to-day issues that the community has, maintaining our assets, along with improving the technical aspects of PRTA.
Blue-tags are, in essence, high ranking working ants. Since being a blue-tag gives you direct access to our assets, such as our PRBF2 server, managers are required to act in a mature way, always trying to make PRTA the best community it can possibly be.
The PRTA blue-tags are always expected to be mature, very active and to always look out for the community's interests. They put a lot of time and effort into the community, and often money too.
Senior Management is the leader group and each run their own department, they also coordinate and plan strategies that move the community forward.
PRTA Manager's Goals
- Help creating an environment where suggestions from the community can come to life.
- Maintaining and improving assets owned by PRTA.
- Always treat members with patience and utmost professionalism.
- To have an approachable and friendly behavior.
Welcome to PRTA and we hope you enjoy your time here. Please let us know how we can assist you